The Dude is described like this:
[…] he’s a lazy man – and the Dude was most certainly that. Quite possibly the laziest in Los Angeles County, which would place him high in the runnin’ for laziest worldwide .
In this post I’ll show you how to install SharePoint 2019 Dude-style. We let scripts slipstream our install source and even let them install SharePoint. Slipstreaming means to combine update and language pack files directly with the install files from the ISO.
Let’s be lazy today!
Prepare the Tools
If you have internet access on the soon-to-be SharePoint server, execute the following directly on the server. Thus you won’t need to copy all the files from your laptop to the customers network.
- Create a new folder called ./SP_Install (e.g. D:\SP_Install)
- Unpack the SharePoint ISO (SharePoint 2019) in a subfolder named ./SP_Install/Source
- Download AutoSPSourceBuilder (Link) and extract it in a subfolder called ./SP_Install/AutoSPSourceBuilder
- Download AutoSPInstaller (Link) and extract in in a subfolder called ./SP_Install/AutoSPInstaller
- Prepare the input.xml for AutoSPInstaller here and put it into the subfolder ./SP_Install/AutoSPInstaller/SP/AutoSPInstaller
Prepare the Source
Now run the following in your SP_Install-folder. You’ll be asked on which CU you want so slipstream with the source.
.\AutoSPSourceBuilder\AutoSPSourceBuilder.ps1 -SharePointVersion 2019 -SourceLocation .\Source -Destination .\AutoSPInstaller\SP\2019 -Languages de-DE,fr-FR,it-IT
If not already downloaded on the target machine, copy now the whole subfolder ./SP_Install/AutoSPInstaller to the server where you want to install SharePoint.
All whats left now, is to right click ./SP_Install/AutoSPInstaller/SP/AutoSPInstaller/AutoSPInstallerLaunch.bat and chose “Run as Administrator”.
OK, we were lazy. But not only that! We were also fast and installed SharePoint in a very reproducable way. You should backup the SP_Install-folder for a disaster recovery scenario.